Throughout the first month we did LOTS...and thank goodness for pictures because I would have forgotten all about most of these memories!
Here's Rue after her first bath in the kitchen. I think this is one of my most favorite pictures of her - and you can see my "Rue" earrings that Justin gave me.
This is one of the only pictures we have of Drue from Thanksgiving. I got really sick the morning of...I had a fever, shakes, and could not get out of bed. It was awful! Rue was 9 days old, and I couldn't be around her for 48 hours. I would nurse her, then hand her off to daddy. I think he secretly loved that I got sick though! Aunt Amy and Rue's Meme brought us over Thanksgiving dinner though - YUMMY!
We did go shopping at whole foods as well! I couldn't pick up very much because her carseat took up the whole cart! Seriously, how am I supposed to pick up Gluten Free bread, veggies and soup with this cart?!
This may not be the best picture - but it holds a lot of meaning! This was our first walk ever with Rue! And, we took the dogs with us! Daring, right? However, the night before we went to my parents house and celebrated my brothers birthday. THEN, we stayed the night. Yep. We spent the night out of our house with a 2 week old. Yes, we did pack the entire house as well. We did have an early morning the next day. We took professional pictures of Rue with all her Uncles for my mother-in-law at 10am. (Which, I was very pleased with the photographer - but very disappointed with the quality of the prints...dang)
We ended month 1 with a visit to the doctors office and her first bottle. Justin was able to give it to her and he melted over this! I, however, was bawling at the fact that she didn't need me anymore. Well, I was wrong. She still needs me. But, I think I need her more...
No comments:
Post a Comment