Monday, February 27, 2012

Bringing home the bacon

Well, I've been back at work for almost a month.  And, I've slacked on my blog since then too.  Shame on Mrs. W.  Being a working mama is tough! I keep asking J, "Are you sure I have to work next year?" The answer is, sadly, always yes.  I do enjoy my co-workers and getting out of the house.  However, I enjoy my bebe girl that much more!

We had an awesome weekend - but I failed to take pictures.  We celebrated Platt Wilmoth's first birthday in Wichita, went out to eat with some of the best people I know - Reynolds and Whitekillers.  Rue had her first hotel stay (and did awesome).  We also had to get a jump because our car died in Wichita AND Emporia - how WT is that?! Here I am in the backseat with a baby in my sweats and not showered and J is begging people to jump the car.  Yep.  We were THOSE people.  Eventually we got back in to town - ran to my parents so I could shower and clean up Rue, who had a blow out, and head to celebrate Jana and her soon-to-be baby girl (30 min late...)

Eventually we made it home and even did a load of laundry! We woke up this morning and reazlised we forgot to start the dishwasher though...I hate it when I do that!

It was a long weekend filled with many firsts for Rue (1st trip to Wichita, 1st Bday party, 1st Hotel Stay, 1st Baby shower) but a great one! SO blessed!

1 comment: