We began a new Whit-tradition this year. We're going to celebrate PI DAY! Since I'm a math nerd, and J was part of the stretch program (you should ask him about it...he loves to talk about it!) we decided that this excuse to eat wonderful pie is something that we'll partake in...yearly.
The only problem with celebrating this Pi Day was that we didn't decide on this until 7:50 - when we wanted pie. So, we hopped in the car - with baby take a good 10 minutes - and headed to Mema's Bakery at The Legends. Well...they close at 8:00. We arrived at 8:01. I kid you not. We saw the employee sweeping. Come on lady, I know you see us. We're the couple with a baby making direct eye contact with you. Please let us in. PLEASE!
Well, that didn't work. And, my stubbornness would NOT let us get a pie from Wal-Mart. So, we drove 15 minutes to Hen House and bought ourselves a Tippon's pie.
Well worth the hassle!
And Rue really wanted to eat it
Earlier in the day I had to take Rue to get her shots...so she was telling Daddy all about it. Good cop, Bad cop has already begun. I was just hoping to play the Good cop...
No comments:
Post a Comment